This aged puerh is VERY mellow, almost to the point of not getting a clear taste profile.

The color is vibrant deep red; the aroma at first is slightly musty, but then once tea leaves hydrate, becomes like a very aged tea.

It steeps very fast, you can literally watch red color tendrils drizzle down from the floating tea chunks in the pot. (best in clear or glass)

I cannot say I love this tea. It is very mild, and this leads me to believe that a ripe AND aged puerh probably loses much flavor concentration over time.

This 1990 puerh actually DOES have hou yun; the tongue and back of throat feel coated and the aftertaste is a lingering “old tea” reminder.

I am into puerh teas: raw & cooked, aged or ripened. A good friend of mine sent me a sample of a puerh tea and I fell in love. Before that time, I really only drank black teas, and those were iced! Obviously I was tea challenged.

Puerh teas are very unique, I’ve found. I have even had different tastes come from the same beeng cha! Mostly my collection is ripe (cooked) puerh from Yunnan region only. I intend to branch out my tasting horizons into raw puerhs, and if I can afford them, some aged raw puerhs. (the really good ones tend to be pricey, like over $50 for a tea cake pricey)

I do enjoy a good oolong or cuppa black tea, but mostly my enjoyment and passion is for puerh teas.

St. Louis, MO