Today was the day I opened this puerh…

Meh. Not much smell, seemed a bit like tea. The tea cake was made up of pretty small bits~n~pieces, no large leaf to it.

Color is DARK DARK brown. Crumbles easy into the steeper cup.

Brews fast, I used near boiling water, let it soak the leaves for about 20 seconds. The drain rate is about 10 seconds..so yes, around 30 seconds for first steeping.

Very dark tea soup. The taste is bland. Seems it is moderate on caffeine. I have nothing bad to say about this puerh, but nothing great to say either.

It’s “meh, another run-of-the-mill puerh”. There is no robustness to the aroma, either.

If your tastes run to where you think ketchup is spicy, then this puerh will do fine by you. I prefer more zip and mouth punch, this puerh just doesn’t have that.

I am into puerh teas: raw & cooked, aged or ripened. A good friend of mine sent me a sample of a puerh tea and I fell in love. Before that time, I really only drank black teas, and those were iced! Obviously I was tea challenged.

Puerh teas are very unique, I’ve found. I have even had different tastes come from the same beeng cha! Mostly my collection is ripe (cooked) puerh from Yunnan region only. I intend to branch out my tasting horizons into raw puerhs, and if I can afford them, some aged raw puerhs. (the really good ones tend to be pricey, like over $50 for a tea cake pricey)

I do enjoy a good oolong or cuppa black tea, but mostly my enjoyment and passion is for puerh teas.

St. Louis, MO