drank Sweet Potato Pie by Lupicia

I’m intrigued by the smell of this tea. I’m getting bits of berry & something creamy. It’s sort of like a raspberry liquor chocolate. It smells like another tea I’ve had before, but I can’t remember which! The scent somehow transfers to the taste. Berries and chocolate against a smooth tea background. I think the sweet potato comes out as an aftertaste… more of a texture in the back of your throat and on your tongue. It is a bit drying and starchy and I am curiously impressed! Even though I don’t taste sweet potato in particular, my taste buds are happy. I don’t think I would drink this daily.. just because the dry/starchy sensation is slightly overwhelming. You have to sort of prepare your mouth and throat for some irritation. Thank you to Amy oh for a sample!

TeaBrat

i’m glad you liked it ok – it is kind of weird

Comments

TeaBrat

i’m glad you liked it ok – it is kind of weird

~
⁺ Student. Tea (& Coffee) lover. Bookworm.

Favorite teas: Milk Oolong, Flavored blends, Dessert teas, Creamy Teas, Rooibos, Oolong, Black, Green
Dislikes: Spices, Peppery flavors, Cloves, Cardamom, Licorice, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Mate, Puerh, Chai, Ginger

My Rather Picky Ratings
90+ – Reserved for the very best! Always in the cupboard!
80-89 – Quite good! A very pleasing cup.
70-79 – Room for improvement, but not bad.
60-69 – Mediocre.
50-59 – Bad. Will not purchase.
49 & below – Depending on the more specific rating: Undrinkable. Yuck. Will not purchase.

Note: Teas in my cupboard are all of the teas that I’ve logged, regardless of their current presence in my actual cupboard. For an updated list on what teas I have available for swap, check out the swap thread and not my cupboard! Thanks!