drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

The leaves are the darkest black, thin & slightly curled. This is a beautiful tea to look at!

First infusion: Smooth, sweet with a tinge of a leathery note. I detect something bitter in the background, but it just stays in the background and doesn’t press forward.

Second Infusion: The scent is a bit like sweet potato. A bolder version of the first infusion remains for this cup. As I am walking to the kettle for more water, I realize the flavor that has lingered on my tongue. Chocolate. I almost missed it, but it’s there.

Third Infusion: A nice malty, chocolate note is what I primarily taste. The chocolate is a bit like cocoa – drying, not too sweet and a little bit rich. Mmm. I think this is my favorite infusion so far!

Thank you, Meeka for a sample!

~
⁺ Student. Tea (& Coffee) lover. Bookworm.

Favorite teas: Milk Oolong, Flavored blends, Dessert teas, Creamy Teas, Rooibos, Oolong, Black, Green
Dislikes: Spices, Peppery flavors, Cloves, Cardamom, Licorice, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Mate, Puerh, Chai, Ginger

My Rather Picky Ratings
90+ – Reserved for the very best! Always in the cupboard!
80-89 – Quite good! A very pleasing cup.
70-79 – Room for improvement, but not bad.
60-69 – Mediocre.
50-59 – Bad. Will not purchase.
49 & below – Depending on the more specific rating: Undrinkable. Yuck. Will not purchase.

Note: Teas in my cupboard are all of the teas that I’ve logged, regardless of their current presence in my actual cupboard. For an updated list on what teas I have available for swap, check out the swap thread and not my cupboard! Thanks!