Now that the weather is really changing from summer to fall, I’ve decided that it’s about time I open up this package. I grabbed some of this tea when it was out this summer and have been saving it ever since. I typically do not like fruit in black teas, but this isn’t just a strawberry tea, but a strawberry shortcake tea!
I was really surprised to see huge chunks of strawberries and brittle pieces. I certainly didn’t need to fish around in the bag to pick up any of the fun pieces. The scent isn’t too terribly sweet or fruity. It’s rather smooth and tame, actually. The black tea is more present now than in the dry leaf scent.

Sipping… it’s funny. I can taste all of the different components of the tea. Tart strawberry, a light black tea and sweet brittle. Each ingredient has its own moment to shine.. and by the end of the sip they all come together to make a flavor that wants to be strawberry shortcake. I have to say that it’s not like strawberry shortcake to me. I am not all that disappointed because I wasn’t expecting this tea to taste exactly like the dessert. The flavor is nice, just not anything that I would like to keep drinking. It’s sweet and tastes like strawberries & brittle — nothing really grabs me, though.

~
⁺ Student. Tea (& Coffee) lover. Bookworm.

Favorite teas: Milk Oolong, Flavored blends, Dessert teas, Creamy Teas, Rooibos, Oolong, Black, Green
Dislikes: Spices, Peppery flavors, Cloves, Cardamom, Licorice, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Mate, Puerh, Chai, Ginger

My Rather Picky Ratings
90+ – Reserved for the very best! Always in the cupboard!
80-89 – Quite good! A very pleasing cup.
70-79 – Room for improvement, but not bad.
60-69 – Mediocre.
50-59 – Bad. Will not purchase.
49 & below – Depending on the more specific rating: Undrinkable. Yuck. Will not purchase.

Note: Teas in my cupboard are all of the teas that I’ve logged, regardless of their current presence in my actual cupboard. For an updated list on what teas I have available for swap, check out the swap thread and not my cupboard! Thanks!