This has been my tea for the past few weeks. In the mornings and afternoons, I crave this tea. It smells very sweet and very much like a caramel tea. To be honest, this is more like a caramel black tea with a drop of cheesecake creaminess hiding away in the background. I’ve found that I have to be careful when steeping 52Teas black tea blends. Under 3 minutes seems to keep it from getting too bitter. This is definitely a great choice for a caramel tea, but I miss the cheesecake flavor!

I think this is one of my favorite from 52Teas so far. It’s definitely a close favorite — not quite as good as the Pancake Breakfast blend. Still, I probably should have purchased two pouches of this as I’m just about out!

Kittenna

I usually steep 52teas blacks for no longer than 3 minutes too, to prevent bitterness (whereas flavoured blacks from DavidsTea usually need at least 4 to fully develop flavour).

Comments

Kittenna

~
⁺ Student. Tea (& Coffee) lover. Bookworm.

Favorite teas: Milk Oolong, Flavored blends, Dessert teas, Creamy Teas, Rooibos, Oolong, Black, Green
Dislikes: Spices, Peppery flavors, Cloves, Cardamom, Licorice, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Mate, Puerh, Chai, Ginger

My Rather Picky Ratings
90+ – Reserved for the very best! Always in the cupboard!
80-89 – Quite good! A very pleasing cup.
70-79 – Room for improvement, but not bad.
60-69 – Mediocre.
50-59 – Bad. Will not purchase.
49 & below – Depending on the more specific rating: Undrinkable. Yuck. Will not purchase.

Note: Teas in my cupboard are all of the teas that I’ve logged, regardless of their current presence in my actual cupboard. For an updated list on what teas I have available for swap, check out the swap thread and not my cupboard! Thanks!