One of my favorite memories was eating potato pancakes during the special winter celebrations day in elementary school. I remember loving the balance of potato and apple. Plus, it being something I didn’t eat on a regular basis made it even more special. I thought that this was a brilliant idea for a tea. I’m a little nervous to see just what it will taste like, but it smells promising: sweet cinnamon, apple and the strong note of potato.

Sipping… I taste apple with cinnamon first. It’s almost like a very, very light cider.. as if the apple went for a quick dip in the water. The sip quickly changes to a potato finish. It’s not so much a mashed potato kind of flavor, but more like very raw potato slices. As I sip, I realize that this tea is a bit more savory and salty than sweet. The aftertaste is almost a little bit like an apple pastry — dough, butter, cinnamon, apples — only without the sweetness.

I think that could make for a very nice and light apple tea if there were no potatoes… but removing them would take away all of the fun that this tea has. Although I am not sure I would love to drink this each day, I cannot think of a more perfect potato pancake & applesauce tea. It’s so creative, interesting and actually quite tasty!

~
⁺ Student. Tea (& Coffee) lover. Bookworm.

Favorite teas: Milk Oolong, Flavored blends, Dessert teas, Creamy Teas, Rooibos, Oolong, Black, Green
Dislikes: Spices, Peppery flavors, Cloves, Cardamom, Licorice, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Mate, Puerh, Chai, Ginger

My Rather Picky Ratings
90+ – Reserved for the very best! Always in the cupboard!
80-89 – Quite good! A very pleasing cup.
70-79 – Room for improvement, but not bad.
60-69 – Mediocre.
50-59 – Bad. Will not purchase.
49 & below – Depending on the more specific rating: Undrinkable. Yuck. Will not purchase.

Note: Teas in my cupboard are all of the teas that I’ve logged, regardless of their current presence in my actual cupboard. For an updated list on what teas I have available for swap, check out the swap thread and not my cupboard! Thanks!