drank Raspberry Cream by 52teas

Even though this tea interested me and I was THIS close to buying it, it didn’t officially make it into my shopping cart. Looking at my tea collection, I have SO many darn teas that I need to drink that I couldn’t justify making another purchase (unless it was a tea that I could not live without). Scheherazade shared a bit of this with me (THANK YOU!) so I will either regret or celebrate my passing up on this tea when it was on sale.

The scent of this tea is nice… a bit of a frilly raspberry, some floral note and a bit of black tea. I’m interested in seeing how this compares to other raspberry blends. Raspberry is such a lovely flavor in tea, but it has to be just right… Sipping.. a nice and light raspberry flavor that slides into into something like vanilla ice cream.. or maybe just an artificial vanilla note. I have to be looking for the creamy aspect as it’s not terribly evident. This blend leaves a strange and unpleasant aftertaste: a bit like stale tea leaves and chemicals.

I am very glad to have tried this blend and am happy I didn’t buy a whole pouch of it. I’ll certainly finish the cup, though.

~
⁺ Student. Tea (& Coffee) lover. Bookworm.

Favorite teas: Milk Oolong, Flavored blends, Dessert teas, Creamy Teas, Rooibos, Oolong, Black, Green
Dislikes: Spices, Peppery flavors, Cloves, Cardamom, Licorice, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Mate, Puerh, Chai, Ginger

My Rather Picky Ratings
90+ – Reserved for the very best! Always in the cupboard!
80-89 – Quite good! A very pleasing cup.
70-79 – Room for improvement, but not bad.
60-69 – Mediocre.
50-59 – Bad. Will not purchase.
49 & below – Depending on the more specific rating: Undrinkable. Yuck. Will not purchase.

Note: Teas in my cupboard are all of the teas that I’ve logged, regardless of their current presence in my actual cupboard. For an updated list on what teas I have available for swap, check out the swap thread and not my cupboard! Thanks!