drank Ruby Pie by Butiki Teas

I’m really enjoying the soft strawberry scent of this tea. I can’t really smell anything else, but I’m quite happy with the strawberry! Sipping… this tea bursts with flavor.. wow! I can taste the strawberry, vanilla and something like a pastry or shortbread. It all comes together nicely & the name “ruby pie” seems very appropriate!

I’m not enjoying the aftertaste, though. It’s a bit like there is an artificial film that remains. I usually enjoy Butiki’s flavoring and it’s never tasted artificial to me which is why I like so many of these blends. I’m happy to have sampled this tea, but I can’t really get beyond the aftertaste.

~
⁺ Student. Tea (& Coffee) lover. Bookworm.

Favorite teas: Milk Oolong, Flavored blends, Dessert teas, Creamy Teas, Rooibos, Oolong, Black, Green
Dislikes: Spices, Peppery flavors, Cloves, Cardamom, Licorice, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Mate, Puerh, Chai, Ginger

My Rather Picky Ratings
90+ – Reserved for the very best! Always in the cupboard!
80-89 – Quite good! A very pleasing cup.
70-79 – Room for improvement, but not bad.
60-69 – Mediocre.
50-59 – Bad. Will not purchase.
49 & below – Depending on the more specific rating: Undrinkable. Yuck. Will not purchase.

Note: Teas in my cupboard are all of the teas that I’ve logged, regardless of their current presence in my actual cupboard. For an updated list on what teas I have available for swap, check out the swap thread and not my cupboard! Thanks!