drank Birthday Cake by Butiki Teas

You know that if there is any birthday cake (or regular cake) tea, I have to have it! I was really excited to see that Butiki Teas was going to have a birthday cake version of their own so into the shopping cart this went!

The dry leaf of this tea is just adorable – very reminiscent of soft and fluffy confetti. I think that the pretty leaf makes up for the missing sprinkles (I know, I know, but I have a soft spot for sprinkles in tea. They are just so fun!). It smells a bit more like herbs that I expected. There is the familiar scent of Butiki’s egg nog blend, but I’d say that it’s mostly in the background.

Sipping… the marshmallow leaf flavor reminds me a little bit of Sleepytime tea. It has that same sort of cooling effect on my mouth. I do taste something creamy, but it seems to be almost identical to the egg nog flavor. Sadly, I don’t think that I’m tasting much cake at all. To me, this blend is egg nog tea with a different base. It’s not bad, but just wasn’t what I was hoping for in a birthday cake tea. It does have plenty of potential, though – I’d be interested in seeing how this would be with a rooibos base + a bit more cake flavor.

Glad I’m not the only one who thought of creamy eggnog when drinking this :)

QueenOfTarts

Sil, me too! It was one of the first things I thought about… :)

Comments

Glad I’m not the only one who thought of creamy eggnog when drinking this :)

QueenOfTarts

Sil, me too! It was one of the first things I thought about… :)

~
⁺ Student. Tea (& Coffee) lover. Bookworm.

Favorite teas: Milk Oolong, Flavored blends, Dessert teas, Creamy Teas, Rooibos, Oolong, Black, Green
Dislikes: Spices, Peppery flavors, Cloves, Cardamom, Licorice, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Mate, Puerh, Chai, Ginger

My Rather Picky Ratings
90+ – Reserved for the very best! Always in the cupboard!
80-89 – Quite good! A very pleasing cup.
70-79 – Room for improvement, but not bad.
60-69 – Mediocre.
50-59 – Bad. Will not purchase.
49 & below – Depending on the more specific rating: Undrinkable. Yuck. Will not purchase.

Note: Teas in my cupboard are all of the teas that I’ve logged, regardless of their current presence in my actual cupboard. For an updated list on what teas I have available for swap, check out the swap thread and not my cupboard! Thanks!