We had our first snow of the season this morning! It was just a light dusting that quickly melted & the rain has taken over a little bit now, but still.. SNOW! I suppose I’m ready for the cold weather — more time to stay inside and drink tea.
The scent of this tea is sweet and mild. There is a slight earthy tone, but it doesn’t overwhelm the cup. There is also something savory in the background, but I can’t seem to put my finger on what it reminds me of.

Sipping… the first thing I notice are the woody, mineral notes. I definitely taste a bit of apricot — more like a dried apricot than apricot jam. There is a hint of sweet astringency at the tail end, but it’s rather nice. I almost wish that there could be more sweetness because I think it would take the cup to another level.

This is a nice tea, but a little too mild for my tastebuds.

Kaylee

Whoa. That is early snow!

Comments

Kaylee

Whoa. That is early snow!

~
⁺ Student. Tea (& Coffee) lover. Bookworm.

Favorite teas: Milk Oolong, Flavored blends, Dessert teas, Creamy Teas, Rooibos, Oolong, Black, Green
Dislikes: Spices, Peppery flavors, Cloves, Cardamom, Licorice, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Mate, Puerh, Chai, Ginger

My Rather Picky Ratings
90+ – Reserved for the very best! Always in the cupboard!
80-89 – Quite good! A very pleasing cup.
70-79 – Room for improvement, but not bad.
60-69 – Mediocre.
50-59 – Bad. Will not purchase.
49 & below – Depending on the more specific rating: Undrinkable. Yuck. Will not purchase.

Note: Teas in my cupboard are all of the teas that I’ve logged, regardless of their current presence in my actual cupboard. For an updated list on what teas I have available for swap, check out the swap thread and not my cupboard! Thanks!