I’m increasing the rating on this one a little bit. It’s not the BEST green tea that I’ve ever had, but I do like vanilla & I think that this tea has a nice vanilla flavor. The green tea base isn’t bad, but it has some notes that I’m not fond of.. sometimes it’s a little bit fishy, a little bit like ocean water & a little bit grassy. These notes weave themselves throughout the cup, so they do not dominate, but pop in and out every so often. The vanilla is quite strong, not so much creamy, but more “natural” tasting. It reminds me quite a bit of vanilla extract. I should also mention that it leaves a very strong, almost unpleasant sensation that lingers in the back of your throat — sort of like what mint does.

I’m still not loving this tea enough to buy it by the ton, but it’s something that I might consider popping into my shopping basket in a future order. *I can’t seem to remember who sent me more of this in a swap — I haven’t been able to get to my message inbox to track down previous swaps… but thank you to the person who sent this to me!

~
Tea (& Coffee) lover. Bookworm.

Favorite teas: Milk Oolong, Flavored blends, Dessert teas, Creamy Teas, Rooibos, Oolong, Black, Green
Dislikes: Spices, Peppery flavors, Cloves, Cardamom, Licorice, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Mate, Puerh, Chai, Ginger

My Rather Picky Ratings
90+ – Reserved for the very best! Always in the cupboard!
80-89 – Quite good! A very pleasing cup.
70-79 – Room for improvement, but not bad.
60-69 – Mediocre.
50-59 – Bad. Will not purchase.
49 & below – Depending on the more specific rating: Undrinkable. Yuck. Will not purchase.

Note: Teas in my cupboard are all of the teas that I’ve logged, regardless of their current presence in my actual cupboard. For an updated list on what teas I have available for swap, check out the swap thread and not my cupboard! Thanks!