drank Ali Shan by thepuriTea

The scent of this tea is very complex! I’m getting salt water, grass and flowers. It reminds me very much of a Japanese green tea. After it’s finished steeping, there is a strong floral note (orchid perhaps?) mixed with something buttery.

Sipping… this is a nice and smooth oolong. Flower and butter notes with a bit of mineral in the background. I also detect something like salt water, but it quickly disappears. It actually adds a bit of a sharpness to the sip. A lovely sweetness helps to round out the cup and it’s the last thing that lingers on the tongue. This is a very nice tea and would make a nice addition to a dessert.

~
⁺ Student. Tea (& Coffee) lover. Bookworm.

Favorite teas: Milk Oolong, Flavored blends, Dessert teas, Creamy Teas, Rooibos, Oolong, Black, Green
Dislikes: Spices, Peppery flavors, Cloves, Cardamom, Licorice, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Mate, Puerh, Chai, Ginger

My Rather Picky Ratings
90+ – Reserved for the very best! Always in the cupboard!
80-89 – Quite good! A very pleasing cup.
70-79 – Room for improvement, but not bad.
60-69 – Mediocre.
50-59 – Bad. Will not purchase.
49 & below – Depending on the more specific rating: Undrinkable. Yuck. Will not purchase.

Note: Teas in my cupboard are all of the teas that I’ve logged, regardless of their current presence in my actual cupboard. For an updated list on what teas I have available for swap, check out the swap thread and not my cupboard! Thanks!