(Psh.. no, this isn’t my fourth cup of tea today… I’m not obsessed!) If I didn’t know this was an apple tea, I wouldn’t have suspected any apple in the scent. When I think about apple, though, I can smell it! All of The Republic of Tea’s red teas seem to have a strange spicy scent added. The actual taste isn’t anything special. I sense no caramel and only a slight hint of apple in the aftertaste. A little bit of sweet is there too. It’s not bad, but nothing special, in my opinion.

Cofftea

So 4 makes you obsessed, huh? lol! Well I have 8-12 on an average day. And that’s only if you count my 16oz cuppa chai as one.

QueenOfTarts

Cofftea, that’s quite a lot! I guess I considered my 4 cups to be in excess because they were all so different and varied.. not any kind of resteeps or anything. ;) I usually have 2 cups of tea + 2 cups of coffee each day. 8-12 sounds delicious, though!

Cofftea

Well 4 1st infusions may be a lot of caffeine (especially w/ that coffee… do you EVER sleep? lol), but it’s not a lot of tea:) Just curious as to why you choose not to resteep.

QueenOfTarts

I try to have tea without caffeine if I have had coffee already. Sometimes I’ll skip the coffee and have just tea with caffeine if I feel like I “need” it.

Not resteeping is wasteful on my part due to laziness. It usually happens because I bring the tea from the kitchen to my room to work on homework and leave the teaball/teabag downstairs. I also tend to get distracted with things and simply forget about the leftover tea in the kitchen. Haha :)

Comments

Cofftea

~
⁺ Student. Tea (& Coffee) lover. Bookworm.

Favorite teas: Milk Oolong, Flavored blends, Dessert teas, Creamy Teas, Rooibos, Oolong, Black, Green
Dislikes: Spices, Peppery flavors, Cloves, Cardamom, Licorice, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Mate, Puerh, Chai, Ginger

My Rather Picky Ratings
90+ – Reserved for the very best! Always in the cupboard!
80-89 – Quite good! A very pleasing cup.
70-79 – Room for improvement, but not bad.
60-69 – Mediocre.
50-59 – Bad. Will not purchase.
49 & below – Depending on the more specific rating: Undrinkable. Yuck. Will not purchase.

Note: Teas in my cupboard are all of the teas that I’ve logged, regardless of their current presence in my actual cupboard. For an updated list on what teas I have available for swap, check out the swap thread and not my cupboard! Thanks!