drank Malted ChocoMaté by 52teas

Despite not doing anything at all today, (no class or work scheduled on a Tuesday.. plus, there’s a bunch of snow outside) I’m hitting the afternoon slump. I’ve already had a nice cup of coffee, but I could use another boost at the moment. This is one of the first teas that I ever wanted from 52Teas. Dry leaf smells like chocolate, with hints of banana and sweet grass. While steeping, I’m smelling more of the sweet grass with just a little bit of chocolate.
The taste is quite interesting. It’s very smooth and sweet and I can taste the chocolate. I was expecting the chocolate to be a bit stronger and creamier. Sadly, I don’t taste any malt! This is definitely very tasty. I will have to try the honeybush version of this tea. I think I might like that one even more if it’s creamier and with more chocolate flavor!

~
⁺ Student. Tea (& Coffee) lover. Bookworm.

Favorite teas: Milk Oolong, Flavored blends, Dessert teas, Creamy Teas, Rooibos, Oolong, Black, Green
Dislikes: Spices, Peppery flavors, Cloves, Cardamom, Licorice, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Mate, Puerh, Chai, Ginger

My Rather Picky Ratings
90+ – Reserved for the very best! Always in the cupboard!
80-89 – Quite good! A very pleasing cup.
70-79 – Room for improvement, but not bad.
60-69 – Mediocre.
50-59 – Bad. Will not purchase.
49 & below – Depending on the more specific rating: Undrinkable. Yuck. Will not purchase.

Note: Teas in my cupboard are all of the teas that I’ve logged, regardless of their current presence in my actual cupboard. For an updated list on what teas I have available for swap, check out the swap thread and not my cupboard! Thanks!