I’m increasing the rating of this tea since my first try. I’ve tried this tea with boiling water and water at around 195-200 degrees. I’m liking the boiled version better. No matter how long I steep it, though, I do get a very drying sensation in my mouth from the black tea (From 3 minutes to 3 & 1/2 to 4). I don’t sense any kind of creamy texture or taste. I wish I did! How is everyone else getting this rich creaminess?
The vanilla tastes like it’s of good quality and adds a nice sweetness, but it’s the tea base that confuses me. It’s almost thin with a kind of coppery tinge. I really don’t know if I should buy a tin of this (even though I don’t love it) because I love that it’s decaffeinated — black tea at night! [ Any suggestions for awesome flavored desserty decaf teas are welcome! ]

JacquelineM

I use milk and sugar with this. I haven’t met a decaf I like without it.

Kristin

Are you using tea sachets or loose? If sachets, make it in a small 8oz cup, boiling water, for 4 min. I didn’t think it was great (using sachets) until I went to a smaller cup. And definitely add sugar if you are not. I don’t add any cream to mine,

Comments

JacquelineM

I use milk and sugar with this. I haven’t met a decaf I like without it.

Kristin

~
⁺ Student. Tea (& Coffee) lover. Bookworm.

Favorite teas: Milk Oolong, Flavored blends, Dessert teas, Creamy Teas, Rooibos, Oolong, Black, Green
Dislikes: Spices, Peppery flavors, Cloves, Cardamom, Licorice, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Mate, Puerh, Chai, Ginger

My Rather Picky Ratings
90+ – Reserved for the very best! Always in the cupboard!
80-89 – Quite good! A very pleasing cup.
70-79 – Room for improvement, but not bad.
60-69 – Mediocre.
50-59 – Bad. Will not purchase.
49 & below – Depending on the more specific rating: Undrinkable. Yuck. Will not purchase.

Note: Teas in my cupboard are all of the teas that I’ve logged, regardless of their current presence in my actual cupboard. For an updated list on what teas I have available for swap, check out the swap thread and not my cupboard! Thanks!