Many thanks to Tabby for sharing some of this tea with me! The leaves, while curled, are golden and black — and sadly remind me a little bit of spiders’ legs. I try not to think about it as I scoop tea into my cup. This tea smells rich and sweet! A little bit of pepper and a little bit of sweet potato. I can’t wait to sip! There is something a bit leathery and thick about the first few sips. I suppose I was expecting something a bit sweeter. Yes, it’s a bit like thick smoky, peppery bread. Quite dry and earthy. I think this would make a better morning cup of tea. It might be a bit too heavy for this evening!

~
⁺ Student. Tea (& Coffee) lover. Bookworm.

Favorite teas: Milk Oolong, Flavored blends, Dessert teas, Creamy Teas, Rooibos, Oolong, Black, Green
Dislikes: Spices, Peppery flavors, Cloves, Cardamom, Licorice, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Mate, Puerh, Chai, Ginger

My Rather Picky Ratings
90+ – Reserved for the very best! Always in the cupboard!
80-89 – Quite good! A very pleasing cup.
70-79 – Room for improvement, but not bad.
60-69 – Mediocre.
50-59 – Bad. Will not purchase.
49 & below – Depending on the more specific rating: Undrinkable. Yuck. Will not purchase.

Note: Teas in my cupboard are all of the teas that I’ve logged, regardless of their current presence in my actual cupboard. For an updated list on what teas I have available for swap, check out the swap thread and not my cupboard! Thanks!