I just placed yet another 16oz order of this tea — yes, I’m going through it like crazy. I made a few discoveries re: this tea this past month that I thought I’d share here:

1. You can oversteep this. I hadn’t thought you could, but the other day at work I forgot that it was steeping (either 1st or 2nd steep) and it came out astringent. Still drinkable, but it was the first time that I wrinkled my nose at it. Subsequent steeps were fine.

2. I’ve been using the Finum Permanent Filter to steep my tea — it’s great. Anyhow, I was noticing that all the green/white tea would float to the top. The easiest/least messy way to deal with that is that I really swirl my spoon around in the water to mix in the honey, and while it swirls I lower the filter in at an angle. This submerges the tea beautifully, and by the 3rd steep it’s a good blend. I also shake the filter over the cup after steeping to blend the teas more and get excess water out.

That’s all — exciting, I know ;)