drank Sinharaja by Golden Moon Tea

It turned out to be an unintentionally Ceylon-ariffic day. I usually wouldn’t do a second black tea in the late afternoon, but I was having a mini-meltdown. I have my final paper due at midnight tomorrow for one of my Library Science classes and I thought that I’d misunderstood the basis of my 8 page paper. The entire basis. After a minute of shock I immediately thought “I need some tea with some oomph – the next 24 hours could be really long.” So I picked this out of the sample basket. As it steeped I took some deep breaths and thought things through. Long story short: from what I understand my basis is sound. I don’t need to get to my library early tomorrow and analyze 50 different books and then write like a fiend. Hallelujah! But I should probably get off the web and stop procrastinating ;)

But now to the tea! I was pleasantly surprised by this :) On the first steep it reminded me of Adagio’s Golden Monkey – not my favorite tea, but it’s got a kick that works for me. I really didn’t taste any sweetness. Then, oh second steep-o-joy! The sweetness came through and made it so yummy! It’s like the French Breakfast tea that I had this morning but more complex. Ah, ’tis all good.

I did try a third steep just for the heck of it. Yeah, not so much. This moves up the shortlist on teas I might purchase after I make my way through the sampler. NE

Erin

This also reminded me of Adagio’s Golden Monkey, which is why I liked it so much! Golden Monkey was my favorite tea until I discovered Dawn.

Rabs

I plan on having Golden Monkey tomorrow morning since I haven’t had it in weeks. There’s this…malty? aspect in both that I’m not a crazy fan of. But this one had a natural sweetness that I appreciated that I don’t recall in the Monkey.

I’ve read the notes on Dawn and the cocoa aspects really make me do a frowny face. I really dislike chocolate (horrible M&M Easter disaster experience as a child) so I’m not so optomistic about it. I shall definitely sample Dawn at some point, but for now it doesn’t sound appealing. I’ll keep ya posted :)

Comments

Erin

Rabs