drank Tippy Earl Grey by Golden Moon Tea

Wowsa. Orange Pledge dusting spray. That’s all I could smell when I cut open the sample bag and the bag was nowhere near my face. I just couldn’t believe that smell was coming from that tiny bag. So I did a tentative sniff and it was confirmed: Orange Pledge dusting spray. ::shudders::

I really hadn’t thought much of this sample until I read Ewa’s review and my curiosity was piqued. I mean, perhaps I could balance out that review since I’ve only smelled Earl Grey whilst preparing its bagged version for others. I am now trusting Ewa’s tastes in all things Earl Grey.

I woke up a little stuffy, but that smell did assault my sinuses into waking up a bit more. But I think that my stuffiness adds to the difficulty of my reviewing this one. It’s black tea-ish with fake orange smell, and something else that I couldn’t identify until I reread Ewa’s note: papery lavendar. Bizarre, but true. I’m on my second steep (yes, I’m sadistic) and I’m getting a teeny-tiny bit of sweetness – but lordy, my throat is starting to feel really rough. It’s like the astringency is going from the back of my mouth all the way down my neck. You know that unpleasant tingly feeling the underneath of your tongue gets that happens right before you blow chunks? Well, I’m actually getting that specific sensation, but without the fear of the usual followthrough. I’m not going to finish this second steep. Ick. GA

Ewa

Second steep!? I applaud your bravery.

Rabs

Bravery? Thanks, but it’s more Scrooge-like tendencies/insanity when it comes to tea. I spent money on it and by golly I’ll get every last steep outta these suckers. Unless they are horrible. And this one went to a new level of nasty on the second steep (thus the tossage). :)

Stephanie

Yep, that Tippy (“tipsy”?..ha!) Earl Grey..people either love him or hate him. :)

Comments

Ewa

Second steep!? I applaud your bravery.

Rabs