drank Evening Escape by Tea Guys

I’d completely forgotten why I’d ordered this sample. The packet says “black tea with flower petals” therefore I assumed it was a floral black. The petals were a very pretty blue violet amongst the dry leaves. The picture here doesn’t do the tea justice. The leaves are also a lot smaller than what the picture seems to depict. So, shrink down that photo and add some lighter brown leaves and pretty purple petals.

The smell was (don’t hate me) like a black tea.

Here’s where I must make a confession. After my teagasmic experience with the Lapsang Souchong this morning I rinsed my favorite cup and dashed out the door. I didn’t even think twice about not having washed it when I came home (my iced tea pitcher came along with more tea – needless to say I was a bit distracted). The mug looked clean and I used it. So I think that I can’t really be fair on the first steep. I kept thinking that there was a hint of LS to this tea when I realized my oversight. Sorry! Regardless of my error I really felt myself decompress from today through drinking this. It was like a hug for my soul.

Second steep: I washed my mug and then looked at the website to find out what exactly’s going on with this tea. I think I’d almost convinced myself that there was some rose in this. And then I saw the description. ::facepalm:: I got it because it sounded interesting and it was Keemun with a mixture of Darjeeling: two teas that I’m really not familiar with. So I’m not the best to judge this tea since I can’t tell what’s what. I think the “rose” is actually the Darjeeling’s spice. But I’ll tell you this: I’m really loving this tea. It’s smooth and bold and I think that I’ll have to buy more. Not quite TG, but soooo very close! I’ll try this again soon with a (ahem) clean cup from the beginning.