Doulton’s Shakespeare: A Tasting Note in 5 Acts
Act I scene 3

Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer’s lease hath all too short a date . . .
Sonnet 18, 1-4

This tea is both a sonnet and is sonnet-worthy. I know that Doulton is married to this tea so I am incredibly grateful that she’s willing to share! I shall merrily be this tea’s mistress and woo it with poetry and all of my feminine wiles.

I really didn’t know what to expect in regard to this tea. With Doulton’s love and the name “Black Dragon” (the name alone is a natural 20 in my book!) I was thinking that this might be the smokiest tea on the planet. Well, I had another think coming! This is the loveliest smoky tea that I’ve ever had. The smoke and the sweet earthiness are so beautifully balanced. It’s like I’m drinking the new growth after a forest fire. It’s like drinking summer.

I highly recommend this to anyone who’s intimidated by smoky teas. It really highlights the best parts of Lapsangs. I think that Life in Teacup’s LS will be my LS when I need “oomph” and smoke. I can see this becoming a daily “must-have.” It’s absolutely lovely. TG

My “cat sounds” Lapsang Souchong rating: this tea made me purr!

Lori

Now I am DYING to try this tea. The few LS I have tried are good but a bit harsh…this one sounds like a perfect compromise…

Rabs

It really is the smoothest LS that I’ve ever had. I’m already wanting more :)