drank Lychee Black by American Tea Room

Doulton’s Shakespeare: A Tasting Note in 5 Acts
Act III scene 2

“Let’s go hand in hand, not one before another.”
The Comedy of Errors, Act V scene 1

So this is lychee! I do believe that this has a part of some other teas in my recent past. I’m thinking that it was in one of the Golden Moon samplers — perhaps Sinharaja or Honey Pear? I couldn’t tell you what the tea base is with this blend since the lychee is so overpowering. It seems like the tea is merely here to be a vehicle for the fruit. With that said, it’s not a bad tea at all. It’s sweet, nectary and pleasant. But it’s not really remarkable.

Speaking of unremarkable(see what I did there?): could anyone tell me the basic plot of The Comedy of Errors or even a famous quotation? I had to look it up to gain a bit of information to know what it’s even about. There’s nothing wrong with this play, but it’s just not memorable. The plot features a double set of twins who were separated as children, and then become confused for one another as adults. Hijinks ensue. According to R. Martin and A. Tichenor (in their Reduced Shakespeare book, p. 68) “This play can actually be pretty funny — there are lots of opportunity for slapstick comedy. (Of course, MacBeth can be pretty funny if you put lots of slapstick in it. On its own? Not so much.)”

This might make a pretty good cold brewed iced tea, but I’m not really so excited to try it that I have to put an order in right now! It’s more like when I finally get around to trying out American Tea Room I will purchase another sample of this and try it iced. NE

Ewa

I know the basic plot of comedy of errors, but it’s DEFINITELY based on slapstick which is really hard to convey in text: “Then Bob slipped on a banana peel, then a piano fell on him. This was followed by an anvil. Once Bob stood up again, he was hit in the face with a cream pie.”

__Morgana__

Was there a spit take, too?

Rabs

LOL! Very good point. “Then Bob steps on a rake and the handle hits him in the head. He moans and shudders. Then Bob steps on another rake, etc.” ;)

Comments

Ewa

__Morgana__

Was there a spit take, too?

Rabs