Doulton’s Shakespeare: A Tasting Note in 5 Acts
Act III scene 3

“A high hope for a low heaven.”
Love’s Labour’s Lost, Act I scene 1

I really wanted to like this tea. It’s got both “garden” and “party” in its name, therefore it must be like a floral party for mah mouth — amiright? Oh nose! I am wrong. I actually had this tea yesterday and the disappointment was so great that it took me until today to write about it. Perhaps I set my expectations way too high.

Both the dry leaf and the steeped tea’s fragrance screamed potpourri. It’s rather what I’d imagine chewing on a big-ole mouthfull of potpourri would be like. After it cooled a bit I sort of enjoyed holding the liquid in my mouth (more like having just chomped down on some fresh flowers), but then I’d swallow (back to bitter potpourri), and finally the aftertaste was sort of nice and flowery.

Therefore I picked a rather “Meh” play for this “Meh” tea. Furthermore, Love’s Labour’s Lost has the greatest percentage of rhyming couplets of any Shakespeare play: flowery language for a flowery tea.

I have enough for another pot of tea so I shall try adjusting the preparation perameters. If the adjustments help, then I’ll re-dub this tea “Love’s Labour’s Found.” M

__Morgana__

Me sorry. :-( This was so very sad: ..disappointment was so great that it took me until today to write about it. A sure sign of tea fail.

Rabs

Danke lady! Didn’t mean to make anyone else sad :( I was going to retry again today, but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.

__Morgana__

I’m sad for you but happy for me — I’m on VACATION as of tomorrow!

Rabs

Hoorays! I’m happy for you :D May you have an awesome vacation with lots of awesome teas!

Comments

__Morgana__

__Morgana__

I’m sad for you but happy for me — I’m on VACATION as of tomorrow!

TG=Teagasm