I’ve had tea from my recently purchased Earl Grey Cream from GTC and held off doing another review until I could confirm that this tastes different from the sample that I had. I’m dropping points as a result (originally a strong 95). It’s tasting like a basic Earl Grey without the cream or coconut. There are the decorative coconut shreds in this, but again it tastes like an Earl Grey. There’s just no sweetness to it. :(

I have a feeling that Daniel will hop on and comment about a return, but I won’t return this since it’s still a really good Earl Grey. I’ll also try this in my pot (vs. my JOEmo) to see if it comes out sweeter that way since it could possibly have flipped — with my sample I loved this in my JOEmo, but a normal brew was just fine. NE

160 °F / 71 °C 8 min or more
Daniel Mann - Georgia Tea Co.

That’s weird, it’s from the same batch that I sent you the sample from. I didn’t change anything, maybe I didn’t mix it well enough? Hrm. I’ll send you some more.

Daniel Mann - Georgia Tea Co.

It’s a learning process, I’ll get it right!

Rabs

Thank you so much! And don’t feel like you have to send a lot (a small sample to confirm whether or not I’m insane is all I’d need).

I wish I knew what happened too! I tried shaking my bag thinking that maybe all the sweeter stuff had sank to the bottom. It just seems like a ghost of its former self :( Still good, but I miss the sweet almost doughnut-ish taste/smell. Maybe my previous sample had somehow been “tainted” (in a good way) by the Snowflake during its shipment in the baggies? Is that even possible?

Comments

Daniel Mann - Georgia Tea Co.

Daniel Mann - Georgia Tea Co.

It’s a learning process, I’ll get it right!

Rabs