My new teapot from Upton arrived this morning (I shall call him Colin). It’s one of the 4-cup Chatsford Bone China (on-sale!) pots that I’d been eyeballing for over a month — so I’m thinking that it’s fate that Tim was mortally wounded (Tim’s now chilling on one of my bedside tables right next to my Wonder Woman lunchbox — every now-and-then he gets to wear the cozy Doulton made just for fun).

Anywho, since I was ordering from Upton I naturally had to get a few samples (I’m so weak). I held myself to the three that were on my shopping list. And this is the one with which I decided to christen Colin.

I could very much smell the bergamot when I opened the packet, but it was almost a woodsy bergamot. After steeping it’s a lot more woodsy than bergamotty. It’s a pleasant, innoffensive cup of black tea. The description mentions grapefruit — I get no grapefruit. Maybe in the distant aftertaste, but I’m not a fan of grapefruit so this is a good thing.

Overall it’s a decent breakfast tea, but I don’t plan on buying more of this. NE

mpierce87

Don’t ask me why, but “every now-and-then he gets to wear the cozy” is seriously cracking me up!

Rabs

It’s like dress-up for my teapot! And the ensemble looks quite fetching next to the lunchbox (since the box has red and white stripes on it). XD

__Morgana__

Poor Tim, I guess that’s the good thing about being sick, you get to wear the cozy! Lol.

Comments

mpierce87

Rabs