drank Raspberry Black by EnjoyingTea.com

Merry Christmas to all! I received a pretty blue tetsubin teapot from my mom and a free sample of this tea came along with it. I had yet to try anything from Enjoyingtea.com, so I was pretty excited to brew some up in my new teapot (I’m torn between Marsh or Tyres for its name).

The smell of the dry leaf was almost medicinal and had me wrinkling my nose. However, I thought that it had promise. I was right — it’s much much better post-steep. It really reminds me of Republic of Tea’s Blackberry Sage which I haven’t had for years, but it was the only tea that I’d drink quasi-regularly when I was a barista.

I’m not getting any astringency, it’s a nice mellow flavored tea. I’m quite curious to see how a second steep will hold up (and will make note if it’s drastic). I wouldn’t be upset if I had purchased this, but I’m not rushing to place an order for it. However, I am now quite curious to try some of Enjoying Tea’s other wares. NE

Rabs

And yes, I finally updated my profile pic to something other than my cat :)