drank Pyramid Teabags by PG Tips

OK, so I’m rating this higher than what are obviously better teas, but it’s just cause I feel like this tea really is a good representation of basic English tea. I only steeped one minute at 185 to ward off bitterness since I knew I was starting out with tiny leaf particles and not the best quality tea. BUT, there is something satisfying about having a regular old cup of tea now and then. I had one sip straight out of curiosity, but the rest I drank with soymilk and sugar. It will do on a hurried morning when I have to wake up fast. Luckily I don’t have many of those. ;)

Kind of curious to try Typhoo when I run out of this. Haven’t seen it around here, though, and hate to pay shipping on cheap tea!

Josie Jade

I love this too! And Red Rose :) Sometimes it’s nice to have a simple cup of tea!

Comments

Josie Jade

I happily reside in Park Slope, Brooklyn with my husband, our baby son, and our dog. I teach over 40 piano students per week at my home studio and created “Fundamental Keys”, a classical piano method book and video series.

My husband and I are vegan and have been for about 8 years. We are enjoying bringing up our little one in the vegan tradition!

I went through a major tea phase some years ago (2006-2009) and had quite a collection and tasted hundreds of varieties. Then I went off caffeine when I decided to have a baby, and after he was born I got into a nasty coffee habit. Now I’ve come back to tea, thank goodness. I’m finding my tastes have changed quite a bit since my first go at tea fanaticism. Really enjoying some of the amazing and deliciously complex teas I’ve learned about through Steepster!

Brooklyn