drank Gui Fei Oolong by Butiki Teas

Wow what an interesting tea! This is the first tea I am trying from the orders I received today from Butiki Teas and Tea Trekker.

This is the first time I have tried a tea that really does not taste at all like what I’ve always known as tea. (And I have had lots of blacks, greens, and oolongs before.) It was such an unusual flavor that I was really surprised. If I had to pinpoint it, I’d say it was much closer to the flavor of a sweet white wine than tea.

I did 2 infusions of 1 1/2 tsp in 12oz water. Followed Butiki’s steeping suggestions. 2nd infusion had more flavor than the first.

I am now even more excited to try all the other teas I got. If tea of this caliber can be so unique, then I am in for quite a variety.

I happily reside in Park Slope, Brooklyn with my husband, our baby son, and our dog. I teach over 40 piano students per week at my home studio and created “Fundamental Keys”, a classical piano method book and video series.

My husband and I are vegan and have been for about 8 years. We are enjoying bringing up our little one in the vegan tradition!

I went through a major tea phase some years ago (2006-2009) and had quite a collection and tasted hundreds of varieties. Then I went off caffeine when I decided to have a baby, and after he was born I got into a nasty coffee habit. Now I’ve come back to tea, thank goodness. I’m finding my tastes have changed quite a bit since my first go at tea fanaticism. Really enjoying some of the amazing and deliciously complex teas I’ve learned about through Steepster!

Brooklyn