drank Mi Xian Black by Butiki Teas

There’s that leaf hopper tea “je ne sais quoi” again!

Thanks to Stacy for including this one as a sample. I smell and taste that same essence I encountered in the Gui Fei Oolong and the Taiwanese Wild Mountain Black. I like it best in this tea, though. It’s a more mild version of that special flavor, and otherwise the tea is very smooooooth. Of the three, this is the one I am most likely to buy again!

Update: 2nd steeping was “meh”. Not much flavor of any kind. Next time I will try a longer 2nd steeping since at least one previous reviewer had a good result on a 2nd steeping.

I happily reside in Park Slope, Brooklyn with my husband, our baby son, and our dog. I teach over 40 piano students per week at my home studio and created “Fundamental Keys”, a classical piano method book and video series.

My husband and I are vegan and have been for about 8 years. We are enjoying bringing up our little one in the vegan tradition!

I went through a major tea phase some years ago (2006-2009) and had quite a collection and tasted hundreds of varieties. Then I went off caffeine when I decided to have a baby, and after he was born I got into a nasty coffee habit. Now I’ve come back to tea, thank goodness. I’m finding my tastes have changed quite a bit since my first go at tea fanaticism. Really enjoying some of the amazing and deliciously complex teas I’ve learned about through Steepster!

Brooklyn