drank Matcha Matsu by DAVIDsTEA

OK! Now I’ve tried matcha! And you know what? I liked it! I used 1/4tsp in 6oz water. Whisked it up with my wire whisk and poured it into a nice new double-walled clear tea glass.

I found it smooth, not bitter or astringent at all. I was careful not to use too much or heat the water too much because of some advice I’d read on the forum here. I found it to be beautiful to look at and have a nice grassy flavor.

I could see using this when I need a quick pick-me-up and don’t have time or the inclination to go through a whole steeping ritual. Also looking forward to trying it as a latte and in a smoothie.

Cool!

P.S. I know I made it very weak. Just easing into it… It seems like the amount most people use would be so strong!

160 °F / 71 °C
yappychappy

I use roughly FOUR times that much matcha haha

Rachel J

Hahaha!!! I know I made it very weak. Just easing my way into it. Will try it stronger and stronger until I find my limit. :)

gmathis

My only experience up to this point was with plain green tea powder, bought at the bulk herb store. Not knowing how to prepare it, I measured it like it was dry leaf…pfeughhh! I can still taste the nasty thick spinachy mess on my tongue!

Lala

Glad you like it!

Comments

yappychappy

I use roughly FOUR times that much matcha haha

Rachel J

gmathis

Lala

Glad you like it!

I happily reside in Park Slope, Brooklyn with my husband, our baby son, and our dog. I teach over 40 piano students per week at my home studio and created “Fundamental Keys”, a classical piano method book and video series.

My husband and I are vegan and have been for about 8 years. We are enjoying bringing up our little one in the vegan tradition!

I went through a major tea phase some years ago (2006-2009) and had quite a collection and tasted hundreds of varieties. Then I went off caffeine when I decided to have a baby, and after he was born I got into a nasty coffee habit. Now I’ve come back to tea, thank goodness. I’m finding my tastes have changed quite a bit since my first go at tea fanaticism. Really enjoying some of the amazing and deliciously complex teas I’ve learned about through Steepster!

Brooklyn