1tbsp for 18oz

Yeah… It’s still a good Yunnan, but there’s that touch of astringency that I’m not loving. Especially since I now know that astringency is not inevitable (see Butiki Taiwanese Wild Mountain Black). If brewing under 3 minutes at 180 is still coming out too astringent for me, I’ll have to pass on ordering this again.

I happily reside in Park Slope, Brooklyn with my husband, our baby son, and our dog. I teach over 40 piano students per week at my home studio and created “Fundamental Keys”, a classical piano method book and video series.

My husband and I are vegan and have been for about 8 years. We are enjoying bringing up our little one in the vegan tradition!

I went through a major tea phase some years ago (2006-2009) and had quite a collection and tasted hundreds of varieties. Then I went off caffeine when I decided to have a baby, and after he was born I got into a nasty coffee habit. Now I’ve come back to tea, thank goodness. I’m finding my tastes have changed quite a bit since my first go at tea fanaticism. Really enjoying some of the amazing and deliciously complex teas I’ve learned about through Steepster!