drank Gui Fei Oolong by Butiki Teas

Just as yummy as last time. 2tsp in 16oz.

Now that I am more used to the leafhopper taste since I drank Taiwanese Wild Mountain Black and Mi Xian black, this tea seems lighter to me and less surprising tasting. I’m also picking up a somewhat floral note this time that I’m not sure I love. Glad I am getting more of the black tea this week since it seems that’s where my preference lies!

I happily reside in Park Slope, Brooklyn with my husband, our baby son, and our dog. I teach over 40 piano students per week at my home studio and created “Fundamental Keys”, a classical piano method book and video series.

My husband and I are vegan and have been for about 8 years. We are enjoying bringing up our little one in the vegan tradition!

I went through a major tea phase some years ago (2006-2009) and had quite a collection and tasted hundreds of varieties. Then I went off caffeine when I decided to have a baby, and after he was born I got into a nasty coffee habit. Now I’ve come back to tea, thank goodness. I’m finding my tastes have changed quite a bit since my first go at tea fanaticism. Really enjoying some of the amazing and deliciously complex teas I’ve learned about through Steepster!

Brooklyn