Experimented with this today. Was wondering if I combined this with almond syrup, if I could replicate the old Celestial Seasonings Almond Sunset with milk and sugar that I used to drink as a kid with my mom in the afternoons. The answer is YES! Tastes just like it. I used Fabbri brand syrup.

Now that I’m into real tea, I don’t think I’ll crave this too often, but it’s a nice non-caffeinated dessert drink. The Roastaroma on its own is an interesting, malty beverage with lots of body and no astringency or bitterness.

I happily reside in Park Slope, Brooklyn with my husband, our baby son, and our dog. I teach over 40 piano students per week at my home studio and created “Fundamental Keys”, a classical piano method book and video series.

My husband and I are vegan and have been for about 8 years. We are enjoying bringing up our little one in the vegan tradition!

I went through a major tea phase some years ago (2006-2009) and had quite a collection and tasted hundreds of varieties. Then I went off caffeine when I decided to have a baby, and after he was born I got into a nasty coffee habit. Now I’ve come back to tea, thank goodness. I’m finding my tastes have changed quite a bit since my first go at tea fanaticism. Really enjoying some of the amazing and deliciously complex teas I’ve learned about through Steepster!