1 rounded tsp for 8 oz

This is a full-bodied, malty black that is smooth as silk with no astringency or bitterness. It’s doesn’t have a particular flavor that jumps out at me, but it is just a really good strong tea that I could actually drink first thing in the morning without milk and sugar.

gmathis

Mmmmm…that description just set my crave in motion :)

:) Yep, it’s a good one!

looseTman

I see you’ve rated both TeaVivre’s Bailin Gongfu (85) & Yun Nan Dian Hong – Golden Tip (85). Which of these two is your favorite? Thanks!

Rachel J

I really do like them equally. They are very different in flavor so it’s not a situation where I’d purchase one over the other. I like having both!

looseTman

Thanks, that’s good to know.

Comments

gmathis

Mmmmm…that description just set my crave in motion :)

:) Yep, it’s a good one!

looseTman

Thanks, that’s good to know.

I happily reside in Park Slope, Brooklyn with my husband, our baby son, and our dog. I teach over 40 piano students per week at my home studio and created “Fundamental Keys”, a classical piano method book and video series.

My husband and I are vegan and have been for about 8 years. We are enjoying bringing up our little one in the vegan tradition!

I went through a major tea phase some years ago (2006-2009) and had quite a collection and tasted hundreds of varieties. Then I went off caffeine when I decided to have a baby, and after he was born I got into a nasty coffee habit. Now I’ve come back to tea, thank goodness. I’m finding my tastes have changed quite a bit since my first go at tea fanaticism. Really enjoying some of the amazing and deliciously complex teas I’ve learned about through Steepster!

Brooklyn