drank Yunnan Gold by Adagio Teas

1 heaping tsp in 8 oz

OK, this is not nearly as good as I remember! Probably because I’ve had much better teas in the meantime. Thanks for spoiling me, Steepster!!!

The aroma is what I remember, and I really like that Yunnan aroma, but the flavor is practically non-existent, and it’s a little astringent, even a bit bitter. Will try 190 for 3 minutes next time, but I have a feeling this tea (which used to be a fave) will be a no-go for me.

Obviously I liked the Teavivre better, but I see I brewed them very differently. Thank goodness for tasting notes. Will have to try these side by side brewed the same way!

I happily reside in Park Slope, Brooklyn with my husband, our baby son, and our dog. I teach over 40 piano students per week at my home studio and created “Fundamental Keys”, a classical piano method book and video series.

My husband and I are vegan and have been for about 8 years. We are enjoying bringing up our little one in the vegan tradition!

I went through a major tea phase some years ago (2006-2009) and had quite a collection and tasted hundreds of varieties. Then I went off caffeine when I decided to have a baby, and after he was born I got into a nasty coffee habit. Now I’ve come back to tea, thank goodness. I’m finding my tastes have changed quite a bit since my first go at tea fanaticism. Really enjoying some of the amazing and deliciously complex teas I’ve learned about through Steepster!