1 1/2 tsp in 8 oz

Yeah, so I think this tea is just too light for my taste. I’m really starting to narrow down my likes/dislikes. Also, I finally have a thermometer that works correctly, so I am getting better, more consistent results.

I like darker oolongs that aren’t too roasted and lighter blacks. Anything greener than a Bai Hao or anything more intense than a Keemun is just not going to be for me. Though I do like greener teas iced. I think I’ll be using up the rest of my green and light oolong samples for cold brewing iced tea.

This style is just a bit greener than a Bai Hao, and though I got a nice smooth flavorful result this time, it’s just not my preference. You might love it, though!

I happily reside in Park Slope, Brooklyn with my husband, our baby son, and our dog. I teach over 40 piano students per week at my home studio and created “Fundamental Keys”, a classical piano method book and video series.

My husband and I are vegan and have been for about 8 years. We are enjoying bringing up our little one in the vegan tradition!

I went through a major tea phase some years ago (2006-2009) and had quite a collection and tasted hundreds of varieties. Then I went off caffeine when I decided to have a baby, and after he was born I got into a nasty coffee habit. Now I’ve come back to tea, thank goodness. I’m finding my tastes have changed quite a bit since my first go at tea fanaticism. Really enjoying some of the amazing and deliciously complex teas I’ve learned about through Steepster!