drank Mango Diablo by DAVIDsTEA

Finally finished with my pre-spring break projects and tests. Got my order from Davidstea in the mail this morning. Perfectly timed! Now I can have new tea and pistachios as a reward for getting through it all. (Plus, I got all the samples from the Spring collection I wanted to try. Gotta remember to try those before they go away this time. XD)

Now I’m not going to lie, I was looking forward to this tea. Mango salsa is probably one of my favorite things ever. I opened the bag, and it smelled absolutely intoxicating.

Now first of all, maybe its because I’m from Texas, but this doesn’t have any spice in it. At all. I mean, my throat is kind of warmed after drinking it, but not really. Maybe a shot of Tabasco would liven it up? Ahaha, I can’t believe I even thought of that.

Secondly, the mango in this tastes like Juicy Fruit. Seriously, maybe its just the way I brewed it, but the resemblance is uncanny. I’ll try steeping it a bit longer next time to see if that helps the flavor any.

Overall I’m pretty disappointed by this. Admittedly my expectations were very high, I expected to fall in love. As it is, its good, but its not the spicy mango I was hoping for. And for the cost to cup ratio of David’s Tea, I’m not sure it was worth it.

EDIT: Its getting spicier as it cools. Now THATS what I’ talking about Mango Diablo.