drank Indian Summer by DAVIDsTEA

I was intrigued by the mix of ingredients in this tea. The brewed liquid has a smell that reminds me of vegetable root chips that I purchase, on occasion, from my local supermarket.

From the sip, I can really taste the melon-y watermelon on the finish. It’s a mildly artificial taste. The beginning of the sip is hard to distinguish. It feels like the different flavours are too crowded. I feel like I may be able to detect the carrot but, again, it would only be the most prominent of several flavours on the uptake.

As the tea cools, I think that I can feel the carrot taste creeping into the watermelon taste on the finish of the sip. Maybe a little bit of the blackberry on the after-taste, as well. There’s some sweetness coming through. I can taste a sort of bluntness which I believe is the pumpkin.

I was worried about the presence of the lemongrass and hibiscus (which I am normally sensitive to), but those flavour seems to be well blended in the mix. I do not feel that all the flavours in this tea are well matched. I would prefer something with a more defined taste. Also, I am not really able to detect the white tea in this blend.