drank Blue People by Makers Tea

Dry leaf smells peppery. Fragrant with hints of milk oolong scent. Also, a herbal mix smell that you might experience when entering an apothecary (for example).

I used one tablespoon of dry leaf for approximately 0.75 of my aquaovo tumbler.

The brewed liquor has a distinct Camellia Sinensis scent to it. Some sour notes as well. Milk oolong scents are peeking out among the stronger notes.

On the first sip, I am getting a fruity taste mixed with a creamy milk oolong flavour. The milk oolong is more present at the end. The liquorice is coming through, less as a flavour and more of a numbing/sweet sensation near the tip of my tongue after every sip. I am able to make out the liquorice root flavour a few seconds after the end of the sip.

As the tea cools, on the end of the sip I am getting more of a full mouth sensation of the liquorice root. The liquorice flavour seems to really take over with only a slight hit of the milk oolong taste at the beginning of the sip leading into the full mouth sweetness. Very sweet and a kind of sweetness that doesn’t have a artificial unpleasant trailing aftertaste.

Overall, an interesting tea tasting experience. The liquorice root sensation is something unexpected that I think I would need some getting used to.