drank Coconut Cream Pie by 52teas

Used 1.5 tablespoons of dry leaf for 400 ml of water.

Brewed tea has a primarily black tea aroma with a hint of creamy coconut smell. Detecting a definite sweetness in the scent.

On the sip I’m getting an apricot flavour with trailing black tea flavour. Mild coconut in the after-taste. Maybe this tea was sitting too closely to the Brandied Apricot Upside Down Honeybush blend. Overall, the flavour seems to be that of a plain black tea but it was a quality black tea so I still was able to enjoy this infusion!

I’ll hold off from giving a rating for now.

Thank you Kittenna for sharing this with me!!

Kittenna

Uh oh! There should be a second cup’s worth in the bag, I think, so yeah, maybe leave it apart from the others for a bit? This one definitely should taste like a coconut black (if not with the cream pie aspects), and no apricot!

Kittenna

Also – 1.5 tsp to 400mL of water might be too low of a ratio. I usually use more along the lines of 1.5 tsp to 8oz./approx 250mL. That’s the ratio I use for all of Frank’s blends (and most other teas as well).

Raritea

Thanks for the suggestions!! I will definitely keep an open mind for this one if I encounter it in the future- seems to have quite a good reputation on here :) I would imagine that this tea should taste more like how it smells.

Comments

Kittenna

Raritea