drank Cucumber Kiwi Honeybush by 52teas

Used 1.75 tablespoons for ~375ml of water.

The primary scent in the brewed leaf is that of honeybush which gives a warm feeling to the aroma. I’m getting that burnt-out beeswax candle smell that I seem to be associating with other honeybush teas from 52teas. I can also detect the tanginess of the kiwi in the smell. There is something in there that reminds me of cucumber-scented hand-cream, otherwise I have never really been able to find a smell from a fresh cucumber. I’m also smelling something that reminds me of citrus.

On the sip, I’m detecting mostly a melon flavour which evolves into something that tastes like the scent of cucumber-scented hand-cream. There is only a hint of kiwi flavour in this one. I’m also tasting the burnt-out beeswax candle smell.

Overall, this tisane has a very mild flavour.

As the tisane cooled to room temperature it took on a refreshing flavour profile and reminded me of the taste of cucumber-infused water. I’m also being reminded of mint taste.

Many thanks to Ellyn for sharing this with me!

Kittenna

Interesting. I don’t think your review makes me want to buy it… but I still want to try it! I just remember hating the cucumber water I’ve tried, and was wary of it tasting like that…

Indigobloom

I’ve never been a fan of cucumber scented or flavoured stuff. I remember one cucumber tea I tried, just wasn’t for me

Raritea

I actually really enjoy my fresh cucumber-infused water so I was pretty excited for this tisane. I’ll still be on the lookout for one that will capture that flavour just the way that I like it.

Good luck! it will happen sooner or later lol

Comments

Kittenna

Raritea