A Japanese friend of mine gave a package of little crackers, some wrapped in seaweed, to eat while drinking oolong. She warned me first, “it’s spicy!” I’m pretty sure it’s wasabi on these rice crackers! Hhooowee!!!
Anyhow, it goes really nice with this oolong. I made a pot for my sister and I as she watches a Korean drama on Netflix with subtitles and I sit here on Steepster. I’d say we are both a bit into Asian culture, me more with the tea, she more with their TV, and both of us with their food.
I hope these crackers don’t give me a stomach ache..I can’t stop eating them!

I love tea. I first tasted loose leaf when my grandpa brought some back from Russia and I remember just savoring it. Not sure what kind it was; all I remember is that it was loose leaf and it was good. =)

I really enjoy oolong, jasmine tea, green tea, and white tea. I have been getting more into black tea, especially those with chocolate notes! Also, chai is a constant favorite.

As far as tisanes go, I enjoy chamomile and occasionally a mint. I am interested to try rooibus and honey bush. I do prefer teas without artificial flavoring but I’m willing to try most things.

I know next to nothing about puerh, but I like what I have tried so far.

I am consistently amazed at the flavors contained in one leaf. I am on a quest to discover all of them! Slowly, though. Good tea is expensive. :P

Other things I enjoy: Books. My family. Truth. Campfires. Animal Rescue. Gardening. Sushi. Mountain biking. Documentaries. Trees. Music. Culture. Sour cream raisin pie. Not necessarily in that order. :P

North Dakota