drank Almond Black by Simpson & Vail

Bleh. Still not well, but doing my best to get better!
Am drinking vast quantities of tea that I do not particulrly love. This fits that discription exactly.
The best of my massive order of Simpson and Vail? Yes. Does that translate to a very good tea over-all? No.
This is mildly nutty, and perfectly reasonable, but do I love it? Nope. I’ll be happy when its gone.

Anna

Do you have a favourite almond black yet?

Rosehips

I must say that Boston Blend, from H&S, while not strictly a pure almond blend, remains my favorite.

keychange

Interesting. I don’t find boston to have like any almond in it whatsoever.

Rosehips

Interesting! I was just talking about this with a friend, how/why people pick out different flavors out of the same thing. I wonder why that is….

pyarkaaloo

thanks for being honest about your feelings re this tea. as a flavored black tea lover myself, i’d have probably attached high hopes to this one. maybe now i can approach it with slightly lower expectations ;p

and i’ve been meaning to place an order with Simpson & Vail for the longest time now!

PS- have you tried Almond Indulgence by Butiki? it’s also an ‘almond black’…i thought it was great. in fact i plan to revisit it after my cup of Harney & Son’s Blackcurrant!

Rosehips

Oooh, yes! I have tried Almond Indulgence! It slipped my mind a little here. Its wonderful. I must get more of it. :)

Comments

Anna

Do you have a favourite almond black yet?

keychange

Interesting. I don’t find boston to have like any almond in it whatsoever.

pyarkaaloo

Rosehips

I love tea! I confess that I was a hot chocolate lover for most of my life, but recently a switch has gone off in my brain, and suggested that I might just love tea. And I do!
I’m a bit of a novice, but an enthusiastic one, and am happily sipping new varieties all the time.
I love vanilla, fruity, and caramel flavors, and cant wait to try more.