Nutty on the first taste with a hint of cinnamon and cocoa. It tastes quite thick and the cocoa flavour comes through more as I drink it. The toasted oats flavour also comes through and makes me crave crannachan. To be honest, I had been wondering what the flavour was and only really made the connection upon reading the tasting notes. Anyway, I have enjoyed this and the aftertaste is still there, lingering nicely on my tongue even five minutes after. This is not my favourite tea, but I could happily drink it when the mood takes me. It is complex and really requires time to savour and enjoy the full depth of it.