My brother in Copenhagen sent me some of these for Christmas and finishing the packet has reminded me that I need to write them up.

I like flowering teas because of the sheer aesthetic pleasure to be had from watching them unfurl. I have a large glass teapot for this purpose and often bring it and a flowering tea out at the end of dinner when we have guests round. My family are a bit blase about flowering teas now, but I still get a good reaction from other guests.

This tea is a nice green tea that unfurls with pink flowers. The tea itself is as you would expect a decent green tea to be. It is not absolutely stunning, but it is just the thing for a hot day: light, refreshing and you can drink a lot of it without unpleasant side-effects. It is not stunning like my favourite Anji Bai Cha, but it is not awful like some of the bagged green teas either. It is a solidly good product. I shall certainly not complain if I receive more of this next Christmas! Hmm, I wonder if my brother actually reads Steepster. If so, hint, hint, bro! :-)