drank Genmaicha by Hebden Tea

My wife was given this tea for her birthday. Naturally, she wondered if it was really for her! We have not tasted Genmaicha before and we tried it for the first time today. It is a hearty tea with a very toasty taste and aroma to it. I cannot decide how much I like it, but suspect that it is a ‘mood’ tea: great when you are in the mood for it. I did not notice much green tea in the flavour, because it seemed to be swamped by the toasted rice flavour that dominated. I think I was expecting something more delicate. Well, never mind. This is another tea that has its place in our cupboard for when we are in the mood for it. I shall try it again and report back when I have more time to spend working out the flavours and seeing if there is as much behind the rice flavour as the blurb from the website claims.

TeaBrat

Was it for her? :-P

Roughage

It was intended for her. I’m not sure if my beloved’s friend realised that I am the tea-head in the house. I’m not complaining though! :)