drank Yunnan Black by Peony Tea S.

Free sample from Peony T S

First off I would like to thank Peony for including me in their shipping experiment. I received three very generous packets of tea in a very short time from them. I hope the experiment was worth it for Peony, because it certainly was for me.

So, I drank this last night and am only now getting around to writing it up. The dry leaf is a beautiful golden colour. Sticking my nose in the packet I get a whiff of hay. It’s that lovely smell of fresh hay that you get when stacking it in the barn. I think there is a bit of molasses in there too, so maybe it smells like the feed room when mixing up the horse feed more than the barn. Yes, that’s about right. I love that.

Drinking it, I am struck by its resemblance to Teavivre’s Fengqing Dragon Pearls. That’s probably not a surprise because the packet tells me, now that I look at it, that the tea is from Fengqing. The tea is malty, sweet and mellow. There is a hint of chocolate behind the maltiness and a smidgin of something citrussy. Most of all, though, it is smooth and thick. It seems like the perfect after dinner tea in many ways and could replace my post-prandial black coffee. I really like this tea and I managed to get three good steeps out of the pot too.

Bonnie

You sound like your old self again! Rested! Sounds like a delightful Yunnan malty cocoa mellow tea! (I’ve been ordering this late afternoon at Happy Luckys with a ginger molasses cookie and it’s a pretty sensual experience!) I had to look up post-prandial you word dropper!

Roughage

But surely everyone uses post-prandial, although usually in the context of having a nap! :)

Bonnie

No in my case it would be post-prandial dishes.

Comments

Bonnie

Roughage

Bonnie

No in my case it would be post-prandial dishes.

East Yorkshire, England