drank Golden Oolong by Peony Tea S.

This was a free sample sent as part of the test posting by Peony Teas. Thank you, Peony Tea.

I opened this by mistake, would you believe! It was early and I was still half asleep. I had intended picking up Peony’s Fengqing but this jumped into my hands and I am pleased it did.

Little nuggets of gold and green in my teapot. The liquor is golden and the aroma is orchids and honeysuckle. Tasting it, it is creamy with a light honeysuckle flavour. I used to love sucking the nectar out of honeysuckle as a kid. This tea is perfect for a Sunday morning as it revives me gently with its delicate sweetness. Now to get on with my work.

I am a qualified peripatetic berserkerologist peddling berserkjaknowledge wherever I can. I have always liked decent tea, but in 2011 I started working at learning what good tea really is. I continue to expand my horizons and discover new teas with the aid of my chums on Steepster, much to the chagrin of my wife, who despairs of my enthusiasm.

East Yorkshire, England