There’s no mistaking this beeng cha for anything but a sheng. It has that familiar aroma that I no longer associate with anything but sheng puerh. This carries over into the wet leaf and the liquor. The leaves are large and the beeng is quite loose, making it easy to pick apart, while retaining whole leaves. The liquor is a lovely rich golden yellow colour that really reminds me of nothing so much as a sample! Still, it is one worth drinking!!

The tea itself is quite mild. I suspect I should have brewed it for longer, and I shall try that with the next steeping. It is smooth and sweet with only a slight bitterness, and the real flavour develops on the tongue after swallowing. There is an edge of camphor to the aftertaste, a slightly prickly dryness on the tongue, and an enduring sweetness on my breath. It is really jolly good. I can feel my body cooling and relaxing as I drink it, and the enduring aftertaste enhances that experience. There is a lot going on with this tea and I am really enjoying it.